2.11.2009

Something here...

Somehow the diffusion of my 8 year political outrage has made my current need to blog recede - even if many of my Bush-era posts (nearly all of my posts are of that era) had nothing to do with the outrages.

Even still, it generally feels like a giant sigh has escaped and things are trying to return to 'normal'.

As for non-political items, life is in a not especially turbulent state for me, unlike several others in the crowd likely to read this. Dan (and others) got me onto Facebook and I am ambivalent about its purpose and my participation in it. We'll see where that goes.

A few political musings-

So grateful to have a competent president again, one who can elaborate on tricky political questions from accumulated knowledge rather than simply parroting nonsensical talking points.

Republicans remain a blight on the national soul, almost universally hoping Obama fails so they can return to power. They are an evil, cynical bunch.

Democrats (except for Obama) remain almost entirely terrible at getting their message across. They continue to bring the metaphorical knife to a gun fight with Republicans. Harry Reid needs to be replaced with someone who doesn't sound like your milquetoast-y fifth grade science teacher. This is important shit...speak like you care.

Rock on!

3 comments:

Stephen Cummings said...

I relate to your feelings... I am not motivated to blog about what I ate for lunch today (I will Twitter it, though). Actually, forget the paranthesis. Thanks to different web aps, what used to be found exlusively on my blog now goes like this:

Random stupid daily life: Twitter

Random video postings, other vanity thoughts: Facebook

What I'm reading: Goodreads

That leaves a somewhat hallowed Edge to Center. Which I was concerned was going to become a political screed.

Mighty Tom said...

Obama has nearly put bloggitybloo out of business

It is SO good to have an intelligent president.

It is so good to have a less mad internetMix. Must be good for your soul.

Dan said...

I could blog and go on and on, but I will simply say that as I listen to his weekly radio address (different than Bill Clinton's weekly UNdress - thanks, Gibb), or I hear him addressing members of congress, or otherwise opening his mouth in any way, I am blown away. Simply blown away by a guy who Simply Seems To Be All He Is Cracked Up To Be.